||Set in the early 1990’s, in the last years as a government-owned corporation, the CN Ruel Subdivision route recreates the freight operations of the Canadian National Railway, through Northern Ontario. At that time, CN was phasing out the use of cabooses on main line trains, however, some were still being used on long distance manifest trains. You’ll travel through winding curves, around countless lakes and rivers as you make your way from the division point of Capreol Ontario, through the Canadian Shield, to the small village of Foleyet. While often overlooked, the Ruel Subdivision has played a critical role in success of CN’s transcontinental network. The CN Ruel Subdivision…CN’s Gateway to Western Canada.
- 150 miles of single track, main line railroading
- High detail terrain, vegetation, and buildings.
- 13 High Detail Locomotive models, including CN's unique GP40-2L(W), SD40-2W, SD40, and GP9RM
- Over 70 different freight cars
- Accurate Cabviews and Physics
- Daytime and Nightime Cabviews
- High Quality 44khz Audio
- Challenging Activities
- Open Rails (1.31 or higher) - Open Rails installer is included
- 1.85 GB of available hard disk space
- Memory : 2 GB (Recommended)
- Graphics Hardware : Minimum 128 MB dedicated video RAM with Pixel Shader 2.0, Recommended 256 MB RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0
- Graphics Software : as provided by Windows. Open Rails currently uses DirectX® - version 9.0c
- Sound : compatible with DirectX® - version 9.0c